Friday, November 07, 2008

Pumpkin Smoothies

I made Davan and I pumpkin smoothies for breakfast this morning. They were yummy, but now I'm sitting here shivering because they were also cold (as a smoothie should be). For the two of us, I put in:

2 frozen bananas
~3 cups frozen pumpkin puree (I'd previously cooked and frozen a pie pumpkin)
4 TBS flax meal
2 TBS hemp protein
few shakes of cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
dash of cloves
enough almond milk to get things moving - probably about 3 cups

I didn't put in any spinach this morning because I've never done that with pumpkin smoothies, which I've only made a few times over the years, and I didn't know how it would turn out. I have another pie pumpkin sitting on my counter, though, so perhaps we'll find out next time.

Also this morning, I went for a bike ride, rather than a run. My knees were feeling off this morning even before running, so I wanted to give them a break. And, yeah, I'd just posted about not being into bike riding for exercise. I guess I just have to regularly prove myself wrong. I gave Davan the option of coming along on the tandem or her own bike, but she opted to stay home.

I had a nice ride down the Springwater Corridor (a Rails-to-Trails trail) and got in an hour of riding, which is about twice as long as I usually run. I'll be putting some thought into making bike riding my cardio option at least a couple of times a week.

Davan has a play date in a couple of hours and I will be doing my yoga then. I'd planned on doing yoga while she was at gymnastics last night, having not had time for it in the morning, but then I didn't. I finished reading Club Dead instead. I guess, between that series, the Twilight series a, Buffy and Angel, I'm into vampires these days. Who'da thunk it?

I've also been working my way through some of Philippa Gregory's historical fiction books, having started The Queen's Fool last night at bed time. I've read a few others of hers now and I enjoy them. Just call me popular fiction gal, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment