Monday, November 10, 2008

You, Yes, You!

You have right here, right now, a wonderful opportunity in front of you. You have the opportunity to win a laptop computer. Not just any laptop computer, but a

Studio 1535, Intel Core 2 Duo T5750, 2.0GHz, 667Mhz, 2M L2 Cache

Midnight Blue
3GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm


computer!

All you have to do is buy a raffle ticket. Your odds of winning will be 1:1600 or better! The raffle ticket is a mere $5.

I'm told that telling people this will cause the raffle tickets to sell themselves. Somehow, I'm thinking that's just not the case. People will be buying them out of the kindness of their hearts to support Davan not for the wonderful opportunity. Perhaps I'm just jaded.

I'm also told that if Davan sells just 5 tickets a week, we'll be done selling by December 15th and that then we can go on to sell even more tickets to support the parents' club.

Now, I'm not against supporting the parents' club, but I'm wondering where these 5 new people every week are supposed to come from. I mean, once you've hit up your family and friends, you're pretty much tapped out, no? Are 5 new people supposed to become your friends each week? 'Cause we're supposed to sell to family and friends. Perhaps there are supposed to be a lot of weddings in my family each week, thus adding to the family count instead of the friend count.

So far, we've managed to sell 13 tickets, thanks to several generous people who've signed on for multiple ticket purchasing. Thank you - you know who you are. I do have a few more people to hit up. We haven't asked Anthony's parents yet, for example. I'm guessing we can count on them for one each, bumping us up to a grand total of 15 with 5 more tickets to sell. At that point, I'm guessing we'll be hitting up the neighbors. Sigh.

Meanwhile, I've sold one of the 4 Entertainment books I've agreed to try and sell. It's possible there will be one or two more sold on Wednesday. Although, one of those would be a pity sale and not because the person in question actually wants one or thinks she'll get her money's worth out of it. So, I'm reluctant to sell one to her. I'm thinking they'll have to go off to work with Anthony. Poor Anthony, always hitting up his coworkers. Do you think they'll want some raffle tickets, too?

I hate fundraising. I wish we were well enough off to just forgo it - not try to sell anything that's optional and then just buy all 20 raffle tickets, as well. We will be forgoing any future optional fundraisers, for sure, though, because I just can't handle the selling pressure. However, if you like, I can point you in the direction of some nice folks selling Christmas wreaths pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment