Monday, March 03, 2008

Apples and Carmen

Tonight was family reading night at Max's school. The book fair is open for those who wish to buy books. There's a free book for every family thanks to a partnership with our local library. They feed you (corn dog and tator tots) and there are activities.

Anthony and Max went over to the school, but Davan and I had to go to her gymnastics class this evening, so we, sadly, missed out on the corn dogs. Actually, I must say that I'm pretty glad I missed the corn dog.

Max told us this evening that the activity in his class room was going to be apples and Carmen.

The rest of us: What's that?

Max: Apples.

Us: We get the apples part, but what was the other word?

Max: Carmen.

Us, musingly: Apples and Carmen....

Finally my mother in law, who was over for dinner as she is every other Monday evening, said: Caramel?

Max: Yeah! Apples and caramel!

Us: Ahhhhh! Apples and caramel!

No comments:

Post a Comment