Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Ups and Downs

Back into the week - sort of. It's sort of a normal Monday and sort of not.

Normal: Anthony is at work. Davan had Girl Scouts. The usual chores to do. Davan has gymnastics this evening.

Not normal: Max doesn't have school. Neither Davan nor I swam today. I didn't because I couldn't figure out how to fit it in with Max home and needing to get to soccer camp at 1:00. Davan didn't because the classes are off for spring break. Max is at soccer camp from 1:00-4:00.

Our morning didn't go great. It wasn't a disaster, either, but we had whining and crying and rudeness over chores mostly. We involved Max in our chore system - we all just work on a list together - and that was sort of frustrating. Max said he wanted to do it, but he dragged his feet so much that he did one thing off the list of about 10 things we had this morning. Of course, if he were only doing his assigned chore, he'd have gotten he same amount done, so maybe it's okay. Still frustrating, though, and I'm trying to figure out how to let it go.

As an aside, a friend told me at Girl Scouts today that my ring is much prettier in person than in the pictures. Take that as you will.

I'm off to do some yard work while Davan has a friend over and Max is at soccer camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment