Thursday, March 06, 2008

Spring Break Plus

I found out last night that Max's spring break isn't just one week. It's a week and a half. They've accomplished this by having three days worth of parent teacher conferences the week before spring break. To say that I'm not thrilled about this would be an understatement. We'll just have to see if he makes it through the whole time or if the world has seen near to the last of poor little Max. I shudder to think about summer. And this is from a die hard homeschooler. My god, Man. What have I come to?

I've got Max signed up for a half day soccer camp for spring break. Of course, now we have three extra days to do something with. He'll just have to come along for our usual Wednesday stuff - swimming for me followed by swimming for Davan. That should be thrilling for him, doncha think? Actually, while Davan swims, he'll have a friend to play with, so it shouldn't be too awful.

Thursday will be game day, which will help the day move along. Maybe I'll take the kids skiing on Friday. We'll be fine, I'm sure.

I've started thinking about camps for the summer already. I'm not signing Davan up for any, as she's going to team and will be doing gymnastics three days a week all summer. Max, though, will need something. Many somethings, in fact. Sports camps are best for him. There is one outfit in the Portland area that does an unlimited sports camp deal, which would be great except that most of the camps are about a half hour drive away. I wouldn't be thrilled about that commute morning and evening.

And, again, I have to ask myself, where are my homeschooling values? Family time and down time are important, right? But the thought of Max home torturing me all summer is...unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment