Saturday, March 08, 2008

I really don't get it

Today when Max got up, he found a gift from the Tooth Fairy. It was a basketball video game. Granted, I got it for $1.99, but it is still very cool and something Max was very excited about. Max got in his 20 minutes of reading and then entertained himself while hanging out with Anthony, who was making pancakes. This is Max's favorite weekend breakfast.

After breakfast, Max wanted to play his new video game, which was totally fine. Anthony played a couple of games with him, then Max wanted to try on his own. I was out doing yard work, Davan was entertaining herself and Anthony joined me with doing yard work after his couple of games with Max.

I came in, put out a snacky type lunch, let Max know his two hours of video game time was up for the day and then played Cadoo with both kids. Davan declined a second round of Cadoo, but Max still wanted to play, so I played another with him and (not obviously) let him win. After which, Max freaked out, became defiant and semi-aggressive, got sent to his room, grabbed a toy on the way, refused to hand said toy over, finally threw the toy, laughed in my face, open and shut his door a few times and then finally settled in for his room time.

What I want to know is why? He'd had a good day with lots to do. He still had his basketball game to look forward to with it being his snack day (Cheeto's) and then open gym at Davan's gymnastics gym to look forward to. So, why become such an asshole?

No comments:

Post a Comment